Advance Feature New Story Blog Post


     
     For this feature News Story my group decided to interview the National Art Honors Society club, NAHS for short. We chose this club because of how underrepresented they are in the school. Once we found our topic we decided production roles. Kenzi was our director, John was the cinematographer, Lucas was the script supervisor, and I was the editor. Since this was Maicy's first project, she didn't have a role and just learned from us. Maicy knew someone who we could interview from NAHS but we were able to get a second interview from a senior in HAHS, the one seen in the video, and she was able to answer all the questions and it made for a better video.
       For this project what I wanted to do differently was to try and make the video seem like the Interviewee was leading the interview. I tried to make it less question and answer, and make it flow more. I feel like this was an improvement from my last videos but there are parts where it cuts very rapidly and the B-Roll almost feel like it doesn't belong based on the quality of the cuts. There is still improvements I could make in how the interview flows and next time I want it to not feel at all like we are trying to drag an answer out of her and that she is talking about something that she is passionate about.
       Overall I feel like this was a good project and that our hard work reflected in the finished product. For my next project I'm going to try even more to make it flow and make the B-Roll feel like it is suppose to be there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My house and Career Cruising

Self Portrait Video

Ecom Sidewalk Chalk project