"The Date" Shortfilm

The Date
The short film I worked on was "The Date". The script we chose to create was my script. My original concept was a date that went wrong, and it ended up basically the same way I envisioned it. Once I finished writing the script we went to storyboards, location scouting, and tried to find actors. Once that was finished, we started filming. We filmed over 3-4 days due to limited sunlight, and it ended up being a problem due to it snowing between shoot days. Then I spent many hours editing at school and at home, then turned it in. For this project I was, writer, director, cinematographer, and editor. I learned a lot throughout this project, since it was my first time being the lead in every production role. My biggest take away was how important pre-production is. I knew it was important before, but more than ever I learned how important it is to plan ahead. I knew the Premiere software pretty well, but I learned more about how to create the project the way I wanted it.
        For this project I used my 5 E-Comm guarantees in every part of the project. I took leadership in all the production roles, contacting restaurants for possible locations (that didn't end up panning out), telling the actors what I needed then to do to create the scene that I needed, etc;
       If I were to do this project again I would try and plan more ahead in the future. My group was good about planning ahead, but I learned you can never plan too much. One thing I would do the same is the actors I chose. Seth did a great job of portraying Carson, and Sela did with Maddie as well. One of the biggest things I learned about that I plan on using on my next project is my knowledge about the camera. I knew close to nothing about how to operate the camera before this project, but now I'm very comfortable with it. Overall this was a really great project and even though it was a lot of work I really enjoyed being the head of this project and would take the chance to do it again if presented.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My house and Career Cruising

Self Portrait Video

Advance Feature New Story Blog Post