E-Comm Commercial Project

 Commercial Project



Overview

    For this Commercial project my group decided to make a Snickers Commercial. Snickers commercials usually involve a main character, that faces a problem due to being "hungry", which is then fixed due to them eating a Snickers. This is the concept we attempted to recreate with our own Snickers commercial. 

Pre-Production

    The whole process of our commercial started with Pre-Production. We started with the story boards. For the story boards, we got a rough idea of what we wanted to do and put it into picture form with a sentence or two explaining what was happening. Next we created our script. For this project we wrote the script differently than normal, we did something similar to the story board, where we have a little imagine showing what happens in the shot, but we had speaking lines in the side instead of explaining what was going on. We also took this pre-production time to work on shooting locations and try and get in contact with actors for our commercial. 

My Role

My role in this project was Director, and Editor. I was essentially the leader of this project and helped make sure everything ran smoothly. I also took all the footage at the end and put it together in Premiere Pro. As the Director I had to use the five guarantees of E-Comm wisely to make sure everything went well. First off I had to use communication to make sure we all knew the film day, and who all could make it and work around everyone's schedules. I had to use collaboration to work with the Cinematographer (Logan Read) to help both of our ideas of what the commercial should be come together. I also had to use my technical skills of Premiere to make the project fit as well as it could together for the footage we had. For example I spent, at minimum, and hour just looking for the perfect song to use.

Changes

If I were to redo this project, I would focus even more on pre-production. I do feel like we did well on our pre-production process, however there were just too many possible situations that arose for use to plan for. First we had our original locations and actor change on use due to sudden on availability, then we had audio issues arise due to our rode mic, that we had no idea about until post-production, and it just seemed like everything that could've went wrong did. I would have loved to reshoot our commercial, and have better work to show then what we did as Senior capstone students, but we just didn't have enough time due to us being cancelled on. Overall I am happy with what we were able to make, due to all the problems that came up, but would have loved the opportunity to redo everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My house and Career Cruising

Self Portrait Video

Advance Feature New Story Blog Post